Grafika Labs is a graphics company catering to clients in the field of science across the globe. Our team of graphic artists and scientists can help improve the impact of your research by creating visually appealing high quality illustrations. These illustrations include: cover images, figures, schemes, TOCs or graphical abstracts for your scientific manuscripts, grant proposals, presentations, and website.
1. Why choose Grafika Labs over other graphic illustration companies?
- We are a dedicated team of professionals (both technical and scientific) who have experience in creating scientific illustrations for academic and industry researchers.
- We charge ~50% less than our competitors.
- In the past, we have served clients from Nanyang Technological University (Singapore), Linköping University (Sweden), Northwestern University (Chicago, USA) and ACM Biolabs Pte Ltd (Singapore).
2. What kind of illustrations/images do you create
- We can help you with high-quality figures, schemes, TOCs/graphical abstracts for your scientific manuscripts, grant proposals, and presentations. Cover images for scientific journals, charts, logos, attention-grabbing images for your website. Please view our gallery images by clicking here. Although, we can create almost any type of custom illustrations or modify existing images (as long as you hold the rights for the image), we specialise in Scientific illustrations.
3. How much do you charge per illustration?
- Obviously, it depends on the level of detail required in your image. In the past, we have charged our clients anywhere from $50 to $500 per image. TOCs and graphical abstracts costs less since the size and details are relatively less. Cover images and images for website costs a little more because it requires more details. Additionally, cost depends on the number of elements in the final illustration.
4. How much time do you take for creating these images?
- Normally, it takes 1-2 weeks for TOCs and summary images, but 2-3 weeks (or longer) for cover images. The most important factor in reducing the turn around time is how quickly the client reverts back to our emails.
5. What is the overall process?
- A phone/Skype call to understand your requirements. Although this can be done over emails, it's much faster over phone/Skype.
- Once we understand your requirements, we will email you a quote and timeline for the project.
- If the quote looks right, you can drop us an email as a confirmation and/or pay a 50% advance. This is when we will begin working on your project.
- The first draft will be emailed to you within a week/as per agreed timeline after advance payment. Additional changes (limited to 10 itemised changes) can be included at this stage.
- The final version will be emailed to you as soon as the full payment is made or as per agreed timeline.
- You can still include changes (limited to 10 itemised changes) before the final version is emailed to you.
6. What about copyrights?
- For a small additional fee, we will facilitate copyright transfers by signing an agreement. However, as is the custom, we will reserve the right to showcase the work in our portfolio.
7. How do I make a payment?
- We accepts payments in USD, Euros, SGD, and INR only. Currently, we accept payments via online bank transfers only. Please note that the client will bear any and all bank charges related to such payments. For universities, we are willing to accommodate payment timelines up to 4 weeks as long as a P.O is issued directly by the university.
8. Where are you located and how do I contact you?